Friday, September 28, 2007

A Rare "Good Thing" About GSU

Hi folks.

I've been around GSU for a LONG time (too long, actually, if you ask my dissertation advisor, but I digress). I frequently give the guys in the big offices a rough time. Simply put, attending classes here, and dealing with the many many levels of bureaucracy, would make even the Buddha pull his hair out. But there are a few hidden "good things" hidden around campus that we have to seek out. They don't tell everyone about them.

Here's on the I've found. If you walk through the front door of the College of Education and look to your right, you'll find an entire rack of daily New York Times newspapers, for free! I pick one up each afternoon on my way home. So if you're up that way, and want to read the nation's "Paper of Record," pick one up! You're paying for it in one way or another.

With that in mind, here's yesterday's best headline from the business section: "Circuits: The Universe in Peril, Again. The Halo 3 story line comes down to this: a lot of things get in your way and you kill them."

Have a great weekend. We'll start The Good Woman of Setzuan on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Lew I cannot wait to check this out. I love the times.

Ron Nettey said...

"With that in mind, here's yesterday's best headline from the business section: 'Circuits: The Universe in Peril, Again. The Halo 3 story line comes down to this: a lot of things get in your way and you kill them.'"

Yup, that's pretty much the jist of it. But at least it's fun!

Free newspapers without all the typos and obvious grammatical errors... time to cancel the online subscription to the AJC!